Postcrossing!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Australia!

Today in the mail, we received a postcard from my new friend in South Australia!  Not only does Graeme do Postcrossing, be he's also a geocacher!  He does my favorite two hobbies!!  Graeme is nice enough to take a couple of my 'trackable' items out on his geocaching adventures 'down under'!  Hopefully he'll take a couple of pictures for me too!  I'll be getting those out in the mail to him this week!

The postcard he sent is a picture of Ayers Rock...it's a large sandstone rock formation in the southern part of the Northern Territory, central Australia!  It is sacred to the Pitjantjatjara and Yankunytjatjara, the Aboriginal people of the area. It has many springs, waterholes, rock caves and ancient paintings. Ayers Rock (also known as Uluru) is listed as a World Heritage Site.  Very cool!

Imagine how awesome this would be to see in person!


No comments:

Post a Comment